Join our Roster
Talented, Ambitious Bands & Entertainers Wanted
Who Are Hireaband?
From humble beginnings in 1999 Hireaband has become one of the largest entertainment agencies in the UK.
Originally providing a service almost exclusively in Scotland, we now operate successfully throughout the whole of Great Britain. Each year we secure millions of pounds worth of business for the entertainers we work with. In fact in 2017 we'll have exceed £5million in bookings for our acts.
With offices near Glasgow and in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Maidstone and Manchester, we are actively adding to our roster to meet demand.
Our business was founded by a full time musician and many of our team are from a similar background. We know exactly what it takes to build a band into a successful business and we know it ain't all glamour and glitz!
If you're in a wedding/function/covers band, tribute band/act or DJ then we'd like to talk to you.
What Kind of Gigs Do We Arrange?
We focus on arranging live entertainment for weddings, corporate events and private functions. We are looking for entertainers who have ambitions to excel in this market.
Hireaband is constantly improving its service to both clients and entertainers in order to maintain our position as one of the UK's most trusted entertainment management and marketing companies. As innovators and market leaders we have introduced some revolutionary ideas which continue to win the superb entertainers we work with the business they deserve.
An Entertainment Partnership
We consider ourselves as a dedicated marketing and support team for entertainers and we are regarded as such by our acts. You can make our job much easier and our sales efforts more successful by complying with the following requests:
What We Expect From You
If you're an established band;
- From a practical point of view it's essential you have good, reliable transport, PA and lighting equipment.
- You should have current Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment or be prepared to get it.
- If in a band, we prefer to deal with one designated member who has sole control of the diary to avoid double bookings. This person should also preferably have a daytime contact number.
- We need you to commit to keeping us up to date with availability. Our website offers users instant availability checks which must be accurate.
- We need you to be able to perform a set of well known covers. We don’t accept bands playing original material or too many really obscure covers.
- MP3 Demos - a minimum of three
- Good Quality Images
- Unbranded video is highly desirable but not essential. We can't use any promo with your name or contact details included
- A Great Reputation
- A Minimum set of 2 hours (or 2 x 45 mins if a tribute act). Scottish bands need to be able to perform between 8pm and midnight with a half hour break.
- A Daytime Contact Number and address for the diary holder
- A complete repertoire list - (bands and tributes only) in simple document format, not PDF please
- A short biography in simple document format, not PDF please.
- Testimonials which include the reviewers name and venue (we make exceptions for newly formed acts)
- A note of your current direct fees plus any extra charges
Important - We do not have time to visit web links and we do not lift promo material from entertainer sites. Emails asking us to visit web sites will be ignored. Most acts can't be bothered to get all this together and fall at the first hurdle. If you can be bothered to approach us in a professional manner, you'll be in a minority of switched on acts and subsequently much more attractive to us and to those who use our services.
If you're in the process of putting a band together or are in an originals band that's considering making a living playing covers at weddings and events we don't expect you'll have much in the way of promo. If that's the case, just email our Artist Liaison Team.
What You Can Expect From Us?
- Free inclusion in one of the busiest entertainment web sites in the country. There is no charge whatsoever to join our roster.
- A dedicated team of experienced industry professionals working on your behalf
- We'll ensure you get the fees you need to make gigging through us worthwhile. We also offer free advice on how to price your act for maximum market penetration.
- We'll collect your fees on your behalf in our dedicated Client Account in advance which means you'll never have to worry about getting paid
- For most events, we'll forward your fee by BACS before you play the gig but we will expect you to have developed a track record of one or two successful events before this takes effect. In the event you're not paid in advance you will be paid on the first Monday after the event.
- We will provide clear instructions for each engagement in writing, with realistic set up times and detailed instructions for a smooth running, stress free gig. We'll supply all necessary information on venues and clients. You'll have everything you need to know in writing.
- We actively promote our entertainers both directly to our existing clients, through social & print media and through our incredibly popular web site.
- Hireaband was started by musicians for musicians, our Managing Director is still a member of the MU and so should you be. We've been through it all, the difficult get ins, impossible hotel staff, worse for wear audiences and wedding guests, freezing van journeys at 3 in the morning, missing family events because of conflicting gigs, and, dare we say it, dodgy agents who think you work for them. We're on your side and we never forget, we work with you.
Hireaband Music Management & Marketing
Want to get serious?
We are particularly looking for select, young and extremely talented covers bands for the wedding, corporate and private function markets who will become our partners and work exclusively with us.
We'll look after every aspect of your performing career by securing bookings, paying for promotional material including videos, demos, photos, your own web site, all advertising (including Google AdWords, Facebook ads, wedding magazines) and even your business cards. We'll also arrange at our expense Public Liability Insurance, PAT testing - in fact everything you need to turn your band into a lucrative business.
We'll advise on pricing, image and marketing of the band. This is a package worth thousands of pounds but available free of charge but only to the most ambitious bands in the business.
In return you must have enough material to perform for up to 4 hours in Scotland and 2 hours everywhere else, reliable transport, a good quality PA system and lighting. For Scottish based bands, a minimum of a 30 minute ceilidh set is also essential (or the willingness to add this to your set).
Everyone in the band must be over the age of 18 and preferably no older than 45. Strong backing vocals will be a huge advantage. You must be prepared to perform anywhere within a reasonable distance of your base on the majority of Fridays and Saturdays (we'll make exceptions for holidays etc.).
If you think you've got what it takes, email email@example.com
How Do We Promote The Acts We Represent?
Our website has been on the go since 1999 and is one of the most popular of its kind in the UK. We get hundreds of enquiries every single week from people and businesses looking for more information on the bands and acts listed.
We spend thousands of pounds every month advertising on Facebook and on Google - in fact after staff wages, this is our biggest cost.
We advertise in many local publications and feature in a huge amount of venue literature.
We're on the recommended list for many of the best venues and events companies in the country.
We employ a full time, Google certified SEO expert who works tirelessly to ensure we maintain our position at the top of the worlds biggest search engines.
Take advantage of our huge spending power, industry expertise and national branding by deciding to join with us and featuring your act on our website and roster.
Hireaband Managing Director
PS - It's a legal requirement of UK entertainment agencies that before an artist is offered representation or a booking of any kind, artists must be made aware of that agency's terms of business. You'll find our Terms of Business for Musicians at this link