Join our Roster
Talented, Organised Bands & Entertainers Wanted
An Introduction to Hireaband
"The days of entertainment agencies as we know them are numbered. We're developing a radical new model focusing on the profile of the entertainers business, not ours." - Del Cotton FEAA - Managing Director
From humble beginnings in 1999 Hireaband has become one of the largest entertainment agencies in the UK.
Originally providing a service almost exclusively in Scotland, we now operate successfully throughout the whole of Great Britain. Each year we secure millions of pounds worth of business for the entertainers we work with.
With offices near Glasgow and in London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Bristol, Maidstone, Manchester, Aberdeen, Belfast and Lincolnshire, we are actively adding to our roster to meet demand.
If you're in a wedding/function/covers band, tribute band/act or DJ then we need to talk to you.
What Kind of Gigs Do We Arrange?
Hireaband specialises in arranging live entertainment for weddings, corporate events and private functions. We are looking for entertainers who excel in this market.
Hireaband is constantly improving its service to both clients and entertainers in order to maintain our position as one of the UK's most trusted entertainment management and marketing companies. As innovators and market leaders we have introduced some revolutionary ideas which continue to win the superb entertainers we work with the business they deserve.
An Entertainment Partnership
We consider ourselves as a dedicated marketing and support team for entertainers and we are regarded as such by our acts. You can make our job much easier and our sales efforts more successful by complying with the following requests:
What We Expect From You
- From a practical point of view it's essential you have good, reliable transport, PA and lighting equipment.
- You should have current Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment or be prepared to get it.
- If in a band, we prefer to deal with one designated member who has sole control of the diary to avoid double bookings. This person should also preferably have a daytime contact number.
- We need you to commit to keeping us up to date with availability. Our website offers users instant availability checks which must be accurate.
- We need you to be able to perform a set of well known covers. We don’t accept bands playing original material or too many really obscure covers.
- MP3 Demos - a minimum of three
- Good Quality Images
- Unbranded video is highly desirable but not essential. We can't use any promo with your name or contact details included
- A Great Reputation
- A Minimum set of 2 hours (or 2 x 45 mins if a tribute act). Scottish bands need to be able to perform between 8pm and midnight with a half hour break.
- A Daytime Contact Number and address for the diary holder
- A complete repertoire list - (bands and tributes only) in simple document format, not PDF please
- A short biography in simple document format, not PDF please.
- Testimonials which include the reviewers name and venue (we make exceptions for newly formed acts)
- A note of your current direct fees plus any extra charges
- VERY IMPORTANT – In order to be listed on the Hireaband web site you will need to provide us with, or allow us to assign to you a name unique to us. This will allow you to monitor the level of bookings and enquiries you receive from us and will enable us to promote you more vigorously and proactively.
Important - We do not have time to visit web links and we do not lift promo material from entertainer sites. Emails asking us to visit web sites will be ignored. Most acts can't be bothered to get all this together and fall at the first hurdle. If you can be bothered to approach us in a professional manner, you'll be in a minority of switched on acts and subsequently much more attractive to us and to those who visit our web site.
Please put all of this info into a single file and send to our Head Office via a large file transfer service such as DropBox or WeTransfer. Please email email@example.com
What You Can Expect From Us?
- Free inclusion in one of the busiest entertainment web sites in the country.
- A dedicated team of 15 experienced industry professionals working on your behalf
- We'll ensure you get the fees you need to make gigging through us worthwhile. We also offer free advice on how to price your act for maximum market penetration.
- We'll collect your fees on your behalf in our dedicated Client Account in advance which means you'll never have to worry about getting paid
- For most events, we'll forward your fee by BACS before you play the gig but we will expect you to have developed a track record of one or two successful events before this takes effect. In the event you're not paid in advance you will be paid on the first Monday after the event.
- We will provide clear instructions for each engagement in writing, with realistic set up times and detailed instructions for a smooth running, stress free gig. We'll supply all necessary information on venues and clients. You'll have everything you need to know in writing.
- We actively promote our entertainers both directly to our existing clients, through social & print media and through our incredibly popular web site.
- Hireaband was started by musicians for musicians, our Managing Director is still a member of the MU and so should you be. We've been through it all, the difficult get ins, impossible hotel staff, worse for wear audiences and wedding guests, freezing van journeys at 3 in the morning, missing family events because of conflicting gigs, and, dare we say it, dodgy agents who think you work for them. We're on your side and we never forget, we work with you.
Hireaband Music Management & Marketing
Due to our position as one of the UK’s leading live entertainment marketing companies we are particularly looking for select, young and extremely talented covers bands for the wedding, corporate and private function markets.
We'll look after every aspect of your performing career by securing bookings, paying for promotional material including videos, demos, photos, your own web site, all advertising (including Google AdWords, Facebook ads, wedding magazines) and even your business cards. We'll also arrange at our expense Public Liability Insurance, PAT testing - in fact everything you need to turn your band into a lucrative business.
We'll advise on pricing, image and marketing of the band. This is a package worth thousands of pounds but available only to the very best bands in the business.
In return you must have enough material to perform for up to 4 hours in Scotland and 2 hours everywhere else, reliable transport, a good quality PA system and lighting. For Scottish based bands, a minimum of a 30 minute ceilidh set is also essential (or the willingness to add this to your set).
Everyone in the band must be over the age of 18 and preferably no older than 45. Strong backing vocals will be a huge advantage. You must be prepared to perform anywhere within a reasonable distance of your base on the majority of Fridays and Saturdays (we'll make exceptions for holidays etc.).
If you think you've got what it takes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do We Promote The Acts We Represent?
We advertise extensively in the wedding press and are in fact the largest advertisers of any kind in some magazines.
We have national listings on Confetti.co.uk and on Hitched.com and feature on many other wedding and event related web sites - too many to list here.
In the last few years we have advertised on regional television using their micro regions scheme, which brought us massive coverage and nationally with a successful campaign on The Wedding Channel. As far as we are aware we are the only agency in the U.K to have used this media.
We have been featured in and have advertised with national press, with articles in The Herald, The Sun, The Express and The Daily Record
We advertise in many local publications and feature in a huge amount of venue literature.
We're on the recommended list for many of the best venues and events companies in the country.
We employ a full time, Google certified SEO expert who works tirelessly to ensure we maintain our position at the top of the worlds biggest search engines.
The costs involved for this level of promotion are staggering and run into tens of thousands of pounds, but we plan to continue and in fact increase our position as major buyers of advertising, actively promoting hireaband and the acts we represent.
Take advantage of our huge spending power, industry expertise and national branding by deciding to join with us and featuring your act on our website and roster.
Hireaband Managing Director
PS - It's a legal requirement of UK entertainment agencies that before an artist is offered representation or a booking of any kind, artists must be made aware of that agency's terms of business. You'll find our Terms of Business for Musicians at this link